Committee & Faculty
Chairman | Israel
Dr. Dror Dicker – Head of internal Medicine D & Obesity Clinic, Hasharon Hospital – Rabin Medical Center. President of the Israeli association of the study of Obesity – Sackler School of Medicine Tel Aviv University, Israel. Past Chairman of the Israel Association of Internal Medicine. Dr. Dicker claimed that Internal Medicine, is the basis for all medicine, and thus, has an obligation to care for patients with complex medical conditions that span a wide range of medical domains. Dr. Dicker’s agenda is to contribute, promote and advance the quality of internal medicine in Israel, striving to improve the conditions, expertise and work environment, and to attract new young doctors to this field of medicine, all in an effort to achieve the best possible patient health.
Co-Chair | Ireland
Prof. Carel le Roux – Co-Director Metabolic Medicine Group, Diabetes Complications Research Center, Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Ireland. Graduated at the University of Pretoria, South Africa and completed his postgraduate clinical training at St Bartholomew’s Hospital and Imperial College London. He was awarded a Welcome Fellowship for his PhD and worked in Prof Steve Bloom’s laboratory. His work on appetite regulation lead to a postdoctoral Clinician Scientist’s award by the Department of Health in the UK. He is a Reader in Metabolic Medicine and currently heads the Obesity working group at Imperial College London. His work is focused on understanding the mechanisms by which bariatric surgery affects energy balance.
- Prof. Geltrude Mingrone – Board Certified in Gastroenterology Diabetology and Metabolic Diseases and Forensic Medicine
- Internal Medicine – Catholic University Rome
- Prof. Itamar Raz – Head, Israeli National Council of Diabetes, Israel, Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Full professor of Internal Medicine.
- Head of the Israeli National Council of Diabetes and leader of the National Diabetes Prevention and Care Plan in Israel
- Prof. Assaf Rudich – Research Group – Department of Clinical Biochemistry – Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel.
- has conducted and conducts honorable scientific research collaborations with welknown sholars both national and international.
- Prof. Iris Shai – Conducted some of the most thorough and longest randomized controlled intervention trials in the world – Department of Public Health in Ben Gurion University – Israel.
- Post-Doctorate Harvard Public Health, USA – Nutritional Epidemiology, traditional and novel predictors of CHD.
- Dr. Subhi M. Abu Abid – Specialist in general & advanced endoscopic surgery, treatment of morbid obesity & chronic obesity.
- Director of the Department of Surgery at Ichilov Medical Center, Tel-Aviv
- Dr. Ilana Harman-Boehm – Former director of Internal Medicine C and the Diabetes Clinic at Soroka: “Always go with your professional and human inner truth. It’s the right way! Get your friends and partners onboard for productive teamwork.
- Invest the fruit of your labor in innovation, getting stronger and reinvesting in work towards health”
- Prof. Ran Balicer – Public health physician and researcher. founding director of the Clalit Research Institute and Director of Health Policy Planning
- Adviser of the Israeli Ministry of Health & a Member of the National Advisory Committee on Immunizations Practices and Infectious Diseases
- Dr. Nahum Beglaibter – General Surgeon, with Bariatric & laparoscopic surgery specialty. Director of Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery at Hadassah Mount Scopus University Hospital Jerusalem.
- First graduate of the Laparoscopic Surgery unit at Hadassah Mount Scopus University Hospital Jerusalem.
- Prof. Ruth Birk – Dean of School of Health Sciences – Ariel University – Israel
- Head of the Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics research group – Nutrition Dept. Ariel University – Israel
- Dr. Dorit Blickstein – Senior Physician – Thrombosis & Hemostasis Unit, Institute of Hematology,Rambam Health Care Center, Haifa
- Graduated with honors from the Faculty of Life Sciences Tel Aviv University. Frequently invited to speak at local & international conferences
- Prof. Luca Busetto – Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, Center for the Study & Integrated Management of Obesity, Padova University Hospital Italy
- Author of 90 publications in peer-reviewed international journals. Subjects: Obesity&related diseases&Surgery, Hormone and Matabolism, Nutrition, Cardiovascular diseases, Health & aging
- Prof. Karine Clément – full professor of Nutrition, Division of Cardiometabolism, Pitié Salpêtrière hospital Paris.
- Research – Cardiology and metabolic diseases. Her work in genetic aspects of human obesity led to the identification of monogenic forms of obesity & to several genetic risk factors in common obesity.
- Since 2006 – director of the INSERM team Nutrition & Obesity
- Dr. Avivit Cahn – Attending Physician-Diabetes Unit, internal medical, Hadassah University hospital Jerusalem. Head of Diabetes clinic and diabetic Foot Clinic Maccabi Public Health Services Israel.
- Clinical focus: Diabetes&complications, Diabetic foot care.
- Dr. Tali Cukierman-Yaffe – Physician and researcher from the Tel Aviv University School of Medicine Israel
- Director and In charge of a one-of-a-kind Clinic-Center how to age Successfully with Diabetes
- Prof. Jean-Pierre Després – Professor at the Division of Kinesiology at the Department of Social and Preventive Medicine in Laval University, Québec, Canada
- Since 1999, he acts as the Director of research at the Québec Heart Institute in Québec City
- Dr. Roy Eldor Endocrinologist, internist and researcher. Director of the Diabetes Unit, Institute of Endocrinology, Metabolism & Hypertension, Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center.
- Clinical Research – Diabetes & Endocrinology, Rahway, New Jersey and University of Texas US. Over 40 published papers and speaker in numerous international forums.
- Dr. Meirav Pevsner-Fischer – Assistant Staff Scientist Department of Immunology, working closely with Prof. Eran Elinav (researcher, Nutrition Weizmann Institute)
- Main research – “The Personalized Nutrition Project” Wolfson Building for Biological Research
- Prof. Nick Finer – Consultant Endocrinologist and Bariatric Physician at University College Hospital, London
- Honorary Professor in the National Centre for Cardiovascular Preventions and Outcomes – Institute of Cardiovascular Science at University College London
- Prof. Paola Fioretto – Associate Professor of Endocrinology, Dep. of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy.
- Past President of European Diabetic Nephropathy Study Group (EASD). Research – Fellowship at the University of Minnesota, Minneapolis where she became an expert in renal structure in diabetes (type1 & type2)
- Dr. Sigal Fishman – Director of the Obesity Services at the Institute of Gastrointestinal & Liver Diseases at Ichilov hospital Tel Aviv.
- A Senior lecturer at the Sackler University School of Medicine Tel Aviv.
- Prof. Manfred Hallschmid – Professor for Behavioral Neurobiology at the department of Medical Psychology and Behavioral Neurobiology at the University of Tuebingen
- Institute for diabetes Research and Metabolic Disease of the Helmholtz Centre Munich, University of Tuebingen, Germany
- Prof. Zeev Hochberg – Director of Pediatric Endocrinology – Rambam Medical Center Haifa, Full Professor of Pediatrics and Endocrinology in the Technion and a Fellow of the Rappaport Research Institute, Haifa.
- Editor-in Chief significant medical books, and author of over 300 peer reviewed scientific articles. Current chair of ESPE Science School & former president of ESPE Society.
- Prof. Lee Kaplan – Director of the Obesity, Metabolism & Nutrition Institute and founding director of the Weight Center at the Massachusetts General Hospital and associate professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School which he graduated with honors
- Clinical expertise – Obesity Medicine, Gastroenterology and Liver disease
- Prof. Avraham Karasik – Professor and vice Dean Sackler School of Medicine, Tel-Aviv University
- Current head of Endocrinology and past Chairman of Medicine at the Sheba Medical Centre Israel
- Served as Chairman of the Scientific Section of the Israeli Diabetes Association, Chairman of the Israeli Association of Research and Treatment of Obesity
- Prof. Jeonga Kim – Assistant Professor – Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism – Nutrition Obesity Research Center – University of Alabama at Birmingham UAB Comprehensive Diabetes Center
- Research Focus – Understanding the mechanisms of insulin resistance and endothelial dysfunction
- Dr. Batya Kornboim – General expert in family medicine, located in Haifa & a coordinator of the field morbid obesity treatment.
- Has guided and trained the first Obesity Treatment Group that was established together with the Israeli Association of Family Physicians.
- Dr. Nathalie Farpour-Lambert – A pediatrician specialized in childhood obesity as well as sports medicine and exercise science. Head, Obesity Prevention and Care Program Contrepoids HUG, Etat de Genève, University of Geneva
- President Elect of EASO – European Association for the study of Obesity.
- Prof. Eran Leitersdort – Director, Center for Research, Prevention and Treatment of Atherosclerosis, Hadassah Medical Center Jerusalem. Professor of Medicine Dorothy & Maurice Bucksbaum Chair in Molecular Genetics.
- Chairman Institutional Helsinki Committee. Areas of interest: Prevention of cardiovascular diseases
- Dr. Gabriella Segal-Lieberman – Endocrinologist – Bariatric Surgery expert – Institute of Endocrinology, Sheba Medical Center, Israel
- Specializes in Endobarrier Gastrointestinal liner for treatment of Obesity and Diabetes
- Dr. Lilach Maletsky – A family physician specializing in lifestyle medicine
- She is the founder and the chairman of the Israeli society of Lifestyle Medicine in the Israel Medical Association and the Israeli ambassador in the European Lifestyle Medicine organization
- Prof. Micha Rapoport – Board certified in internal medicine, specialty in endocrinology & expertise in diabetes. Head Depart of Internal Medicine C – Diabetic Clinical Services and Research at ‘Assaf Harofeh’.
- Senior lecturer at the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University.
- Dr. Orna Reges – Senior Epidemiologist at Clalit Research Institute (CRI). A manager of the CRI Clinician-Researcher Support Program: facilitating clinician-led studies to create a link between medical research & clinical practice.
- Lecturer in epidemiology Dept of health systems management Ariel University, Israel.
- Prof. Naim Shehadeh – Rappaport Faculty of Medicine graduate Haifa Israel. Clinical training in Pediatrics & Endocrinology in Israel and US. Director of Pediatrics A & Pediatric Diabetes Unit, Meyer Children’s Hospital, Rambam Israel.
- Main interests – pathogenesis & prevention of Type 1 Diabetes. Awarded significant research&innovation prizes.
- Dr. Hadar Spivak – Laparoscopic&Endoscopic surgeon. Graduate of Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv Uni. Senior surgeon – Obesity Unit of Herzliya Medical Center.
- Former head of Obesity Treatment Center,Sheba Hospital & chief of advanced laparoscopic surgery dept. Rabin Medical Center, Israel. Completed significant fellowships in the US
- Prof. Michael Stumvoll – Full Professor of Medicine – Scientific Director Clinic for Endocrinology and Nephrology – University of Medicine, Hospital Leipzig – Germany
- Post Doctorate – Plymouth and Exeter (Peninsula Medical School), University of Tubingen, Scripps Clinic and Research Foundation in California, University of Rochester in New York
- Prof. Amir Tirosh – Head of the Endocrinology & diabetes Research Center Sheba’s Talpiot program (The Institute of Endocrinology – Sheba Hospital, Israel) & Brigham and Women’s Hospital – Harvard Medical School – Department of Genetics & Complex Diseases
- Won significantnt honorable prizes, one of the recent is – Young Physician-Scientist Award – The American Society of Clinical Investigation. ASCI 2015, Chicago, IL
- Dr. Anat Tsur – MD,MHA. Endocrinologist & Internist. Director of the Diabetes & Endocrinology service of Clalit Health Services – Jerusalem, Affiliated to Hadassah Medical Center.
- Chair of Committee on carbohydrate metabolism of Israeli Endocrine Society
- Prof. Ram Weiss – Pediatric Endocrinologist with special interest in Pediatric, Diabetes and Obesity; Research interests – Cardiovascular Health & Disease, Nutrition, Metabolism & Obesity
- The lab is focused on disease oriented research in the fields of obesity and diabetes
- Dr. Judith Aron-Wisnewsky – Physician-Endocrinologist-Nutritionist. Works at Prof. Clement’s Inserm nutriomics lab. Researcher in the European meta-Genomics in Cardiometabolic Diseases.
- Awarded the Nutrition and Health Research Prize 2012
- Dr. Emilia Hagman – Researcher – Karolinska Institute – Dept of Clinical Science, Intervention & Technology (CLINTEC), Sweden. Research – prediabetes & diabetes in children & adolescents.
- FOCUS researcher – Childhood obesity patients go through 10 year follow-up physiological examination.
- Ms. Yulia Ungar – Economist in the Department of Planning and Economy, Israel Tax Authority
- Mr. Amir Golan is the Chief Commercial Officer, International Region at – ” DayTwo”
- “DayTwo” is a solution that provides personalized nutrition and actionable insights that allows people live healthier and maintain normal blood sugar levels
- Prof. Ronit Endevelt – RD PhD, Director of the Nutrition Division, Public Health Services, Ministry of Health, Israel
- Professor at the School of Public Health, University of Haifa, Israel
- Dr. Ish-Shalom – Graduated with honor Medical Studies in Tel Aviv University, Works as a senior Doctor at the Endocrinology, Diabetes & hypertension Institution In Ichilov Hospital, Tel Aviv.
- Main research interest – basic research on Diabetes with focus on Metabolic Syndrome.
- Prof. Avishay Elis – Expert in the field of Lipid disorders, prevention & treatment of atherosclerosis. Graduated from Rappaport Faculty of Medicine – Technion, Haifa.
- Chairman of the Israeli Society of Internal Medicine , Senior lecturer at the Sackler Faculty of Medicine at Tel – Aviv University.
- Prof. Orit Pinhas-Hamiel – Head of Pediatric Endocrine and Diabetes Unit, Edmond and Lily Safra Children’s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
- Dr. Rakefet Bachrach, Specialist in Family Medicine, Medical Management District Sharon, Israel . Family Health Trainer in the Clalit Health Services, Israel
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Israeli Society for Osteoporosis & of the National Council for Women’s Health Israel.
- Dr. Gal Dubnov-Raz – Pediatrician, sports and exercise medicine specialist, and an MSc in clinical nutrition. Director of the Exercise, Nutrition and Lifestyle Clinic at The Edmond and Lily Safra Children’s Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Israel.
- Chief editor of the Israeli Medical Association Guidelines on Pediatric Obesity.
- Dr. Ronit Grinbaum – Surgeon Expert. Received her medical degree from The Hebrew University of Jerusalem Hadassah Medical School and has been in practice for more than 20 years, with practical experience in Boston, Massachusetts USA
- Main interest: Minimal invasive, bariatric surgeries and laparoscopic surgeries.
- Ms. Amit Ganor, MSc, RD Clinical Dietitian, CEO ATID Dietitian Society, Scientific Consultant – natural pharmacology.
- Prof. Moshe Rubin MD – Director of the Department of Ambulatory Surgery, the Advanced Laparoscopy Unit & Vice Head – the Department of General Surgery C, Sheba Medical Center. Specializes on Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery, was one of the pioneers in robotic surgery in Israel.
- Associate Professor at the Sackler School of Medicine. A renowned researcher in metabolism, diabetes and hyperlipidemia. Former Chairman for the Israeli Bariatric Surgery Association.
- Prof. Julio Wainstein completed his medical studies at the University of Bologna, Italy. He specialized in internal medicine. Founder and Director of the diabetes unit at Wolfson hospital, Israel
- Prof. Wainstein served as president of the Israel Diabetes Association and held a significant senior positions in the forefront of the Israeli Diabetes Arena.